Day 17: Thoughtsies!
While taking this break from my regularly scheduled life I've had a few moments of inspiration that make me wonder what all I'm doing with myself right now. I have this huge list of things, this huge list of thoughts I have percolating in my head like a classic bubble and drip coffee maker. Every few seconds my skull reverberates with the sound of another burbling belch as the ideas process.
This break though has given me an opportunity to just stop thinking about my daily tasks and goals and step back a bit. I know I'm a bit over-self-reflective sometimes as it is when I take the time to think. (see what I did there.. triple compound hyphen word!! - I rock at mutilating the English language) This time though I realized there were some things I wanted to do that wouldn't turn into huge mental productions.. at least not right away.
I've made this list for reference in the future as I fail to move most of these from thought to action:
- Resurrect a podcast again - less an opinion show more a variety show. I need some co-hosts, and one of the things I want to do is a semi-regular "dramatic" reading on the podcast along with the usual glimpse into my tainted worldview and opinions. Audio paintings if you will.
- Return to reviewing - possibly on this blog as a regular outlet I'd work on a weekly opinion/review piece. I figure I'd somewhat go back to the way I was writing for Gaming Today or GameOn! with one or two topics a week.
- Strengthen my digital drawing and painting skills - I need to master the Wacom, that's all there is to it. Then I need to start sharing that work with others to hone it and make it better. I also need to get over my fear of color work. Life is in color.. why isn't my art?
- Write a weekly fiction serial - maybe this would tie into the podcast, or maybe it would just be something of a writing exercise.
- Form a super team of people from my circles of friends to conquer the world - this is also a necessity to keep fresh content flowing on those occasions when I was unable to meet deadlines due to real life and work.